- Kaunas – European Capital of Culture 2022.
- Inspiring academic environment
- Affordable living costs
- Cheap flights from Kaunas Airport.
- Free Economic Zone near Kaunas – good job possibilities
Why Kaunas University of Applied Sciences?
- One of the major state professional higher education institutions in Lithuania
- Institution meets the requirements of EU education policy
- Studies orientated towards practical training
- Great opportunities to participate in student mobility exchange (over 200 foreign partners)
- A variety of sport & other free-time activities
- Student association & ESN KK
- Wide range of study programmes
KUAS provides over 40 study programmes in different study fields.
- Theory and practice
Students have the opportunity to improve their learning not only by attending lectures and studying in the library but by participating in the activities of students’ scientific societies and various competitions. Students undertake internships inside and outside the university – in various business organizations, industrial companies, medical institutions, schools etc.
- Friendly environment
KUAS success formula – a partnership between student, lecturer and employer in the rigorous training of experts in their field. KUAS respects your opinion – delegates of students actively participate in self-governance activities.
- Opportunity to study part-time or intern abroad
KUAS cooperates with more than 200 partner institutions of higher education from 38 countries of the world. Students have the opportunity to go to Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Jordan, Latvia, Poland, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, etc.
- Active cooperation with employers
KUAS community maintains relations with other institutions of education and associated business structures. Cooperation with social partners is based on the objectives of the studies, labour market needs and the regional development strategy.
- Constantly updated study environment
Auditoriums, workshops, laboratories and dormitories are being renewed constantly to improve conditions for students. With the help of European Union structural funds, some faculty buildings were renovated and a modern study centre was established.
- Modern teaching and learning methods
Depending on the course, lecture material is presented online with team tasks, role-playing, independent research, educational online games, competitions, project presentations. Students of KUAS participate in intensive training programmes with students from foreign universities, where projects are developed by international teams.
- Quality orientation
KUAS aims to balance the attitudes and expectations of students, teachers and employers, and directs the institution’s activities towards quality improvement. The quality management system implemented at KUAS helps to unite efforts to achieve results.
- Continuity of studies
Today, Lithuanian universities are happy to offer KUAS students flexible opportunities to enrol in additional studies, after which they can continue their studies in the master’s degree programmes of that university.
- The quest for leadership
Success depends on the applicant’s desire, motivation and goals. That is why KUAS strives to take care of more than just knowledge – it aims to create conditions and an environment for students in which a free, active, critically thinking leading generation will form.