Any person who has sufficient education to be enrolled in a certain programme (for undergraduate programme – twelve years secondary or equivalent education in any other country than Lithuania) and is applying for degree studies at Kauno kolegija / University of Applied Sciences is considered to be an international applicant.
The Ministerial decree makes a division between the applicants on the basis of their citizenship. Therefore, the application procedure as well as financial conditions of studies is different for those two groups of applicants.
1st group. Applicants from the EU and EEA countries as well as the persons having permanent residence permit in Lithuania may apply for studies under the same conditions as Lithuanian applicants.
EU citizens or applicants who have a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania;
a child, grandchild and great-grandchild of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin have an opportunity to apply for the state funded place.
Applications should be submitted via the website of the Association of Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions LAMA BPO
2nd group. International applicants from any other country as well as the EU citizens who apply directly to Kauno kolegija / University of Applied Sciences are accepted via the Department of International Relations.
Documents for the application:
- Application form;
- Official legalised Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate including the grades (Academic Transcript). If You want to transfer studies at Kauno kolegija / University of Applied Sciences you have to submit Certificate or other document of your previous study results;
- A document issued by the Centre of the Quality Assessment in Higher Education confirming the academic qualification obtained in a foreign country;
- Notarized copy of passport (for non EU citizens) or ID card (only for EU and EEA citizens);
- Motivation Letter;
- A copy of the check showing paid Application fee of 180 EUR (where the name of the applicant and the date of payment are indicated);
- English language proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL or any equivalent) showing at least intermediate knowledge of English if the previous studies were not in English;
- Health Certificate including complete medical examination and International Vaccination Pass (only when applying for health sciences). Information that should be included to your Vaccination Documentation: the date when you took the two doses of Tetanus (not earlier than 10 years), Diphtheria (not earlier than 10 years), MMR (mumps, measles, and rubella) (the 2nd dose at least 3 weeks before arrival to Lithuania), Hepatitis (A / B) (if you have had it / them and how many doses).
- All the documents have to be either in English or Lithuanian language. Subscription of the Notary for English and Lithuanian translations of all written documents is required. The educational and financial documents must be legalised.The Application without supporting documents will not be considered. The applicant might be asked to submit additional documents*. *In case you send documents, please, do not send any original certificates or authentications, as the received documents will not be returned.
Application fee: 180 EUR
Tuition fee (for non EU citizens): 2500–4000 EUR*
*The price depends on the study programme. Please, check the price of the chosen study programme.
The deadline is 1st of June.
After the application:
- If your documents are correct and application is successful, within 1–2 months you will receive the confirmation letter.
- Pay the Application Fee and 1 year Tuition Fee in advance (in case of visa refusal, Kauno kolegija / University of Applied Sciences will return the price of paid Tuition Fee in 2 months). NOTE that the application fee is not refundable.
- After receiving the confirmation of the paid Tuition Fee, the Incoming Mobility Coordinator will send you the mediation documents necessary for visa application.
- Find the closest Lithuanian Embassy and take your documents to apply for Visa D, which allows you to study in Lithuania.
- Consider the time you need to approach the Embassy if it is not located in your country.
- National visa D may be issued in ~14 days (more about visa and residence permit: http://www.migracija.lt/index.php?-237863922).
- The EU and EEA citizens do not need any visas.
- After getting the visa, plan your trip to Lithuania.
- Consider to inform the Incoming Mobility Coordinator about your arrival dates.
- If you require a room at the dormitory or you need other practical information, check here: http://www.kaunokolegija.lt/en/students-support-and-services/.
The new academic year begins on the 1st of September.
Application Fee and Tuition Fee should be paid to:
|Name and Address of the Bank||SWEDBANK AB
Maironio g. 26B, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania
|Bank Account||LT28 7300 0100 0222 9776|
|Name and Address of the Institution||Kauno kolegija
Pramonės pr. 20, LT-50468 Kaunas, Lithuania
Legalization and Recognition of Diplomas
Documents witnessing educational and financial status acquired abroad are a subject to legalisation.
Applicants who received their education in countries acceding to the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, Colombia, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. The Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the Ministry of Education (in most of the countries).
List of the countries Acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention Concerning Abolition of Legalisation Requirements of Documents Issued in Foreign Countries.
Applicants who received their education in another country (e. g. Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Brazil, etc.) should pass a double legalisation of their educational documents:
- The educational documents should be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received;
- The documents should be legalised by the Lithuanian diplomatic mission or consular post in the country where education was received or in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
Evaluation and Recognition of Diplomas of Foreign Schools
Lithuanian legal system requires to evaluate and to recognise diplomas of foreign schools or universities in order to assure that the education obtained abroad is sufficient to study the chosen study programme at Kauno kolegija / University of Applied Sciences. The evaluation is done by the Centre of Quality Assessment in Higher Education.
The Department of International Relations can intermediate in accomplishing the procedure.