Kaunas University of Applied Sciences conducts research into the following thematic fields:
- Technological sciences: new production processes and technologies; renewable energy sources: information and communication technologies for business and education
- Natural sciences: ecology, environmental science and sustainable environment
- Agricultural sciences: agro-innovation and food technology
- Medical and health sciences: health care and wellness, medicine and pharmacy
- Social sciences: business and economics; education
- Humanities: linguistics and translation
- Art: art, design, media art, restoration of art objects.