Student Support and Services
Student Support and Services
Library and Centre of Information Resources
You can find a modern Library and Centre of Information Resources with linguistics cabinets for foreign language teaching in new Study Centre (Pramonės pr. 22A).
All members of the KAUNO KOLEGIJA/UAS community have the right to become library readers and have access to all documents stored at the library and the services provided. Library is also available to all the citizens of Kaunas. Library funds are related to all the study programmes delivered at KAUNO KOLEGIJA/UAS. Some fictions books are also available.
Library and Center of Information Resources is a member of the High Schools Library Net (LABT) and Lithuania’s Integrative Library Information System (LIBIS). For this reason implementation of the automated library programme ALEPH 500 as well as the electronic cataloguing system has been installed. This enables to search the resources of Lithuanian academic libraries.
There is an internet access, scanning/printing facilities and spaces for individual and group work in the area of the Library and Centre of Information Resources.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 19:00
Friday – 8:00 – 17:00
Saturday – 9:00 – 14:00
For more resources, please, visit Kaunas Public Library at Radastų str. 2, phone +37037 324382, eis.kvb.lt
KAUNO KOLEGIJA/UAS has its’ own dormitories. Dormitory accommodation is available to all students. In case all the students are accommodated and free places are left, other people can get an opportunity to apply.
The students are accommodated in dormitories under the decision of the Commission (Director’s order No 1-838 issued on 31 August, 2011) represented by the deputy director for communication, the member of KK Students’ Association, the dean of appropriate faculty and the manager of the dormitory (administrator) . The priority to live in a dormitory is given to the full-time students.
Acceptance of full degree first year students to the dormitory:
- When submitting an application for accommodation, the applicant should point out his/her request to live in a dormitory. Documents submission does not guarantee the acceptance.
- The priority to live in a dormitory is given to (listed in numerical order): orphans, disabled, disadvantaged, those who live more than 30 km away from Kaunas.
- The student will be informed of a place in a dormitory by e-mail, in exceptional cases – by phone or post (to the address of the permanent place of residence). Information is provided by the head of the dormitory (administrator).
- The allocated living place is recorded in the system of dormitory reservation. Students and all other persons are accommodated in the rooms by the head of the dormitories.
Acceptance of full degree second and third year students to the dormitory
- Priority to live in a dormitory is given to those students, who have already lived there.
- Contracts for one year are extended not later than a month before the termination of the valid contract. In case a contract is extended, a dormitory place is left in the same room. If there are opportunities and a request from a student his living place can be changed.
- In case the contract is not extended, the former resident shall loose the priority to live in a dormitory next year.
There are three types of accommodation. Price depends on the type of the room in dormitory:
- 3 rooms share one shower, WC, kitchen with all the facilities. Price – 163 EUR per month per room.
- 3 rooms share one shower and WC. Price – 156 EUR per month per room.
- 1 room with shower and WC on the floor. Price – 39-88 EUR per month for one student.
The price for the room consists of payment for the rent and utilities. The booking of the room requires the deposit, which is the same price as the room per month and is refundable upon departure if no damage occurs in the room. The rental has to be paid in advance until 25th day of each month.
There is a possibility to rent an apartment in the city as well. Please, contact Unit of International Studies, your faculty coordinator or students – mentors for more information.
There are several students` canteens located in the faculties of KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences. Prices in these canteens vary, but they are lower than in a usual cafeteria in the town. We would like to draw your attention that usually they are open till 2 p.m.
You can have access to computer facilities located in all faculties as well as the Library and Centre of Information Resources. WIRELESS internet zones are installed in our institution.
For more information, please, contact the IT people or representatives of the Unit of International Studies for the advice.
The Unit of International Studies and the Students’ Association of KAUNO KOLEGIJA (KKSA) are responsible for carrying out the Mentoring programme meant to integrate foreign students into the academic life of KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences and generally – in Kaunas city. Mentors of KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences are the members of Erasmus Student Network (ESN) http://www.esn.org. It is an international non-governmental sub-unit at KAUNO KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences established in 2010.
Students – mentors act as – buddies of foreign students and help them in everyday activities: communicating and helping before/after arriving at institution, finding services (hospitals, post offices, banks, hairdressers, etc.) in the city, organizing excursions and other leisure events. Mentoring activities last from August till June or for the whole period of foreign students’ stay with us.
If you want to become a member of ESN KK, please, contact email@example.com