• PassportYou will need a valid passport or a European Union ID Card when staying in Lithuania. Please be sure that your passport/ID card is valid for the whole period of your stay in Lithuania.Visa

    The types of visas are the following:

    If you are a citizen of a country that requires a visa, you should apply for a National visa (D). With this visa, you will be granted entry into Lithuania and you will be permitted to remain in the country for longer than three months. A National visa may be single entry or multiple entries and will be issued for a period not exceeding one year.

    A National visa for a multiple entry (D) is issued if:

    • you are a foreign national (non-EU) student arriving in the Republic of Lithuania for studies according to international student exchange programmes or the student exchange programmes drawn up by a Higher Education institution operating in the Republic of Lithuania and a foreign Higher Education institution.
    • you are a foreign national (non-EU) student admitted to study at a Higher Education institution registered and operating in the Republic of Lithuania.

    Information on the documents required to apply for a visa Click here.

    For more information about migration issues please look at: www.migracija.lt where you can find all the explanations about necessary documents in English/Russian.

    To get more information, call your local consulate, or the Consular Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania tel. + 370 5 2362400, +370 5 2362617 for details and fees.

    Temporary Residence Permit

    If you are coming to study from a country not belonging to the European Union, you will need to apply for a Permit of Temporary Residence (TRP) as soon as you arrive in Lithuania. The permit gives a foreign national right to live temporarily in Lithuania for a stated period. With this document, you will be able to select a residence, change it, leave the country and return while the permit for temporary residence is valid.

    If you change your place of residence, you must notify the immigration office or the public police division at a territorial police division. Also, if you leave Lithuania for a period of more than six months you must inform the authorities of this.

    TRP in Lithuania is usually issued for a period from 1 until 2 years, but it may be issued for a shorter period as well. Anyone of Lithuanian origin and foreign nationals who have retained the right to citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania can be issued a permit for temporary residence for a period of five years.

    The application shall be examined not later than within four months (within two months in urgent case) from the date of receipt of the application.

    Application for replacement of a residence permit shall be examined not later than within two months (within one month in urgent case).

    More information on residence permits in Lithuania Click here.

    Visa and TRP is obtained through the mediation of KAUNO KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences at the student`s expense. The following documents should be submitted for TRP Click here.


    Before arrival to KAUNO KOLEGIJA/ University of Applied Siences students of:

    • EU/EEA countries must get European health insurance card;
    • Non – EU countries must get Health insurance policy (Health insurance must be valid till the expiration date of TRP).

    Student Identity Card (LSP)

    After arrival at KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences you can apply for Lithuanian Student Identity Card or International Student Identity Card that gives discount for public transport, clubs, museums, etc.

    More information you can find:


Updated: 2017-11-24