Any person who has sufficient education to be enrolled in a certain programme (for undergraduate programme – twelve years secondary or equivalent education in any other country than Lithuania) and is applying for degree studies at KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences (KK) is considered to be an international applicant.
The Ministerial decree makes a division between the applicants on the basis of their citizenship. Therefore, the application procedure as well as financial conditions of studies is different for those two groups of applicants.
1st group. Applicants from the EU and EEA countries as well as the persons having permanent residence permit in Lithuania may apply for studies under the same conditions as Lithuanian applicants.
EU citizens or applicants who have a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania;
a child, grandchild and great-grandchild of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin have an opportunity to apply for the state funded place.
Applications should be submitted via the website of the Association of Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions LAMA BPO
Otherwise the application procedure is the same.
2nd group. International applicants from any other country as well as the EU citizens who apply directly to KK are accepted via the Unit of International Studies. Please, apply here
1.1 Application Procedure
If you are going to apply for studies at KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences, please, take the following steps:
- Evaluate your educational background, desired career perspectives with the prerequisites and outcomes of the offered study programmes;
- Consider the language of instruction, the fees, and living costs:
- Application fee: 180 EUR.
- Tuition fee: 2000 – 5200 EUR/per year.
- Living expenses (depends on individual habits and lifestyle: accommodation in KK residencies, food, entertainment, travelling, hygiene, services, etc.) ~450 EUR/month.
- Collect the documents for submission of application:
- All documents must be in English; if translation is needed, it must be verified by Notary.
- Do not forget to legalise your educational (the copies) and other documents in your country and Lithuania (if it is necessary).
The bank statement and the Affidavit must be original and submitted to the embassy.
- You may consult the Incoming Students‘ and Teachers‘ Coordinator if you have any questions: email@example.com
The application deadline is:
Autumn semester: 1st of June.
- If your documents are correct and your application is successful, within 1-2 months you will receive confirmation.
- Pay Application and 1 year Tuition Fee in advance (in the case of the visa refusal, KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences is responsible to return paid Tuition Fee 100% back to the student during two months).
NOTE that application fee is not refundable.
- After receiving the confirmation of the paid Tuition Fee The Incoming Students‘ and Teachers‘ Coordinator will send you the mediation documents necessary for visa application.
- Find the closest Lithuanian Embassy, and take your documents to apply for Visa (D type ) which allows you to study in Lithuania.
- Consider the time you need to approach the Embassy if it is not located in your country.
- National visa D may be issued in ~ 14 days which substitutes (about visa and residence permit).
- The EU and EEA citizens do not need any visas.
- After you get visa, plan your trip to Lithuania:
- Consider to inform the Incoming Students‘ and Teachers‘ Coordinator about your arrival dates.
If you require a room in the dormitory or you need other practical information click here
Documents needed for the application procedure are:
- Application form;
- Official legalised Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate including the grades (Academic Transcript). If You want to transfer studies at KK you have to submit Certificate or other document of your previuos study results;
- A document issued by the Centre of the Quality Assessment in Higher Education confirming the academic qualification obtained in a foreign country;
- Notarized copy of passport (for non EU citizens) or ID card (only for EU and EEA citizens);
- Motivation Letter;
- A copy of check showing paid Application fee 180 EUR (where the name of the applicant and the date of payment are indicated);
- English language profficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL or any equivalent) showing at least intermediate knowledge of English if the previous study were not in English language.
- Health Certificate based on complete medical examination and International Vaccination Pass (only when applying to the study programmes of health care). In your Vaccination Documentation there should be information, when you have had: Tetanus, (not older than 10 years) Diphteria, (not older than 10 years) MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), taken two doses and 2nd dose at least 3 weeks before arrival to Lithuania. Hepatitis (A – B) (if you have had it/them and how many doses).
All the documents have to be either in English or Lithuanian language. Subscription of the Notary for English and Lithuanian translations of all written documents is required. The educational and financial documents must be legalised.
The deadline is 1st of June.
The Application without supporting documents will not be considered. The applicant might be asked to submit additional documents*.
*In case if you will send any documents, please, do not send any original certificates or authentications, the received documents are not returned.
The Tuition Fee per year is:
- Tourism and Hotel Management study programme – 2500 EUR/per year;
- General Practice Nursing– 4000 EUR/per year.
The Application Fee is 180 EUR (not refundable).
* The fees may change due to new education system reform. Free movers pay the tuition fee for the number of credits taken, not per semester.
Every applicant must pay an Application Fee (180 EUR) at the time when they receive the invoice.
If the application is successful and the student is admitted as a student of KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences, he/she must pay one year Tuition Fee (after they will receive invoice) before applying for visa (otherwise you will not get the intermediation documents and the embassy will not consider the application for visa).
The Bank Statement should show student‘s ability to cover his/her living expenses as well as the cost of return ticket to his/her motherland ( 195 EUR/per month *12 months +195 EUR (travel costs)) = 2535Eur/per year).
Students are allowed to have a part time job (20 working hours per week) after obtaining
temporary residence permit.
Application Fee and Tuition Fee should be paid to:
|Bank`s name and address:||SWEDBANK AB
Maironio 26b, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania
|Corresponding bank:||Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt|
|Corresponding bank`s SWIFT Code:||DEUTDEFF|
|Beneficiary‘s Account:||LT28 7300 0100 0222 9776|
|Name and Address of Beneficiary:||Kauno kolegija
Pramones pr. 20
Kaunas, LT-50468, Lithuania
Legalization and Recognition of Diplomas
Documents witnessing education and financial status acquired abroad are subject to legalisation.
Applicants who received their education in countries acceding to the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, Colombia, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. The Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the Ministry of Education (in most of the countries).
List of the countries Acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention Concerning Abolition of Legalisation Requirements of Documents Issued in Foreign Countries.
Applicants who received their education in another country (Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Brazil, etc.) should pass a double legalisation of their educational documents:
- First, the educational documents should be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received;
- Second, the documents should be legalised by the Lithuanian diplomatic mission or consular post in the country where education was received or in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
Evaluation and Recognition of Diplomas of Foreign Schools
Lithuanian legal system requires to evaluate and to recognise diplomas of foreign schools or universities in order to assure that the education obtained abroad is sufficient to study the chosen study programme at KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences by the applicant. The Unit of International Studies can intermediate in accomplishing these procedures.
The procedure is done by Centre of Quality Assessment in Higher Education