Partnership plays a significant role in Kauno kolegija/University of Applied Science (KK). This institution of higher education cooperates with various Lithuanian and foreign business enterprises, associated business structures and state organizations. Partnership helps us expand environments for personal and communal development and service to society.
During their studies, the students of KK meet businesspersons from Lithuania and other countries. The leaders of the most advanced business organizations have been elected members of the KK Council (it is chaired by a business representative), study programme committees. Therefore, they have a direct impact on the development of the KK.
While ensuring the relevance of the study programmes, their quality and competitiveness, special attention is paid to the participation of representatives of the business world in various activities related to the development, improvement and implementation of study programmes. These people are the strategists of the improvement of study programmes. Their opinion and assistance are very important in organizing professional field survey, trying to find out the demand for the new and existing study programmes, updating learning outcomes, improving students’ practical training and other issues related to the quality of studies. According to the KK Statute, the committees of the study programmes are headed by representatives of the business world; they comprise more than a half of the members of study programme committees.
KK is in close cooperation with social partners in the area of applied research and artistic activities as well. An outstanding feature of the scientific-practical conferences organized by KK is topics, reflecting the implementation of the “triangle of knowledge” (integration of studies, applied research and business).
Employers as well as other Lithuanian and foreign stakeholders are invited to make presentations in conferences. The multidimensional look at problems during conferences ensures systemic approach and attracts stakeholders to discuss the issues related to the quality of study programmes and applied research, this way adding to their improvement. KK academic staff and students are involved in the joint activities of the higher education institution and businesses / enterprises.
Our main focus of international activities is on the following internationalization areas:
- Two-way mobility of students, teachers and administrative staff
- Arrangement of international studies
- Internationalization of study programmes at “home”
- Participation in international projects and applied research.
Every year more than 300 students from our institution participate in the exchange programmes or other mobility activities, about 170 foreign students are coming to us.
Participation in the projects funded by EU Social Funds is also one of the priorities in the activities of the institution.
Kauno Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences has been awarded with an Charter for Higher Education 2014-2020.
By signing this Charter, the Institution undertakes to contribute to the European Union’s modernisation and internationalisation agenda in higher education, which includes 5 priorities:
- Increasing attainment levels to provide the graduates and researchers Europe needs;
- Improving the quality and relevance of higher education;
- Strengthening quality through mobility and cross-border cooperation;
- Linking higher education, research and business for excellence and regional development;
- Improving governance and funding.
In signing this Charter, the Institution confirms that its participation in the Programme is part of its own strategy for modernisation and internationalisation.
The Kauno Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences Erasmus Policy Statement 2014-2020 sets out the institution’s overall Erasmus co-operation plan in coherence with the strategy defined in the mission statement of the institution and specifies the measures and actions we intend to introduce in order to fulfil the requirements of the Charter.
KAUNO KOLEGIJA / University of Applied Sciences is represented in various international associations and networks:
- EURASHE (European Association of Institutions in Higher Education);
- EAIE (European Association for International Education);
- UASNET (European Network for Universities of Applied Sciences);
- BUSINET (Network for the Development of Business Education Programmes);
- EAEC (European Association of ERASMUS Coordinators);
- ICEIGATM (International Circle of Educational Institutes for Graphic Arts: Technology and Management);
- ENPHE (European Network of Physiotherapy in Higher Education);
- SPACE (Space European Network For Business Studies and Languages);
- UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT (a strategic policy initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption).
KAUNO KOLEGIJA/UAS is an active participant of various NordPlus networks comprising institutions from Nordic and Baltic countries:
- EkoTekNord (Nordic-Baltic Network, promoting cooperation in the fields Business, Information Technology, Engineering, Logistics and Media);
- NOBANET (Nordic-Baltic Network for Internationalization of SMEs;
- WELLTOUR (Nordic-Baltic Network promoting wellness tourism);
- NEWELRA (Baltic-Nordic Network for Creating New Earning Logics in Rural Areas).
KAUNO KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences is the member of different international networks and an active participant in EU Erasmus+, Nordplus and other international cooperation programmes. It has around 200 international partners worldwide, among them – over 150 Erasmus+ partners.
You can see the list of our Erasmus+ Partners in the Programme countries
Since 2015 Kauno Kolegija has started credit mobility cooperation under Erasmus + programme with Partner countries. Currently it has approved cooperation with universities in Belarus, China, Georgia, Israel, Russia, Serbia, South Africa and Ukraine.
The Unit of International Studies was established in 2013 to substitute the Department of International Relations
Key areas of activity are as follows:
- Coordination of the internationalization activities at Kauno Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences and following the implementation of related strategic objectives
- Administration of mobility programmes
- Admission of international full- time students
- Preparation of documents regulating separate international collaboration activities;
- Dissemination of information on international collaboration activities and opportunities;
- Search for potential partners and development of relations with international partners;
- Reception of foreign guests and organization of international cooperation events;
- Collection and analysis of data related to the internationalization activities at the institution
Staff of the Unit of International Studies
Currently there are 3 staff members in the unit responsible for different activity areas:
Head of the Unit of International Studies:
E – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning of international activities of the institution to meet strategic objectives;
- Coordination of international activities of Kauno Kolegija / University of Applied Sciences divisions;
- Coordination of ERASMUS + programme on an institutional scale (Institutional Erasmus Coordinator);
- Representation of the institution in international events;
- Rendering consultations on international activity, applying for international project funding, arranging international conferences, seminars, meetings;
- Supervision of international project funds;
- Coordination of faculty coordinators’ activities.
Outgoing Student and Teacher Coordinator:
E – mail: email@example.com
- Administration of outgoing Erasmus + mobility activities;
- Supervision of bilateral agreements;
- Rendering consultations to outgoing students and teachers;
- Preparation and supervision of financial agreements of outgoing students and teachers;
- Communication with international partners;
- Preparation of information for outgoing students and holding information seminars for them;
- Making announcements about studies, scholarships, and placements.
Incoming Student and Teacher Coordinator:
E – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission of international full –times students;
- Administration of incoming exchange students and staff members applications and mediation with the faculties;
- Preparation of promotional materials and dissemination of information about the study possibilities at Kauno Kolegija / University of Applied Sciences;
- Advising incoming teachers and students about accommodation, visas and other issues;
- Arranging orientation weeks and cultural programmes for incoming students;
- Coordination of mentor programmes.
International activities at the faculties are coordinated by the Project Coordinators:
Vienozinskis Faculty of Arts, Kaunas, A.Mackeviciaus st. 27, room no. 206.
Ms. Violeta Kamantauskiene, e-mail: violeta.kamantauskienė@go.kauko.lt
phone: (8 37) 32 11 09
Faculty of Management and Economics, Kaunas, Pramonės pr. 20, room no. 413.
Mr. Modestas Riauka, e-mail: email@example.com
phone: (8 37) 76 13 16
Faculty of Medicine, Kaunas, K. Petrausko st. 15, room no. 317.
Ms Vytaute Giedraitiene, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: (8 37) 32 41 56
Faculty of Technologies, Kaunas, Pramonės pr.22, room no. 213.
Mr. Povilas Beseckas, e-mail: email@example.com
phone: (8 37) 35 23 10
Study Centre of Humanities, Kedainiai, Basanavičiaus st. 4
Ms. Ieva Brazauskaite -Zubavičiene, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaunas Kolegija/UAS continues its active participation in international cooperation projects and considers it as one of the important areas of international activities in which:
- it seeks to strengthen the links between education, business and applied research/art;
- it looks for possibilities to participate in innovative projects that add value to the study programmes;
- teachers are encouraged to create intensive programme projects and implement them together with students.
The academic units of Kauno Kolegija participate in:
- ERASMUS+ Strategic Partnership projects:
- “Coaching Schools to Face Change Ahead” 2015-1-IT02-KA201-014883, Kedainiai J. Radvila Study Centre represents Kauno Kolegija as partner;
- EXPEDUCOM Experiential Education Competence 2014-1-LT01-KA200-000368, coordinated by Kauno Kolegija J. Vienozinskis Art Faculty;
- “EMPOWERING TEACHERS FOR STUDENT-CENTRED APPROACH” 14-203-000655 KA2-HE-15/14, the Faculty of Management and Economics represents Kauno Kolegija as partner;
- “Let’s make it better! Raising the awareness of the triad nutrition-health-food safety in school education” 2014-1-RO01-KA200-002931, the Faculty of Technologies and Landscaping represents Kauno Kolegija as partner.
- Erasmus + Sport projects:
- “Villages on Move Baltic” 579678-EPP-1-2016-2-FI-SPO-SCP. Faculty of Medicine represents Kauno Kolegija as partner;
- “Integrated Football the new Frontier of Sport for All” 2016 -1004/001-001. Department of Sports Management (Faculty of Management and Economics) represents Kauno Kolegija as partner;
- “European Day of Integrated Sports” Department of Sports Management (Faculty of Management and Economics) represents Kauno Kolegija as partner.
- Erasmus Thematic Network:
- “ELLAN – European Later Life Active Network” 539547-LLP-1-2013-1-FI-ERASMUS-ENW. Faculty of Medicine represents Kauno Kolegija as partner.
- Nordplus networks and projects:
- NOBANET: Nordic-Baltic Network for Internationalisation of SMEs;
- NOBANET: E- business models for international SMEs;
- Welltour – Promotion of wellness tourism in Nordic and Baltic countries;
- NEWELRA – Baltic-Nordic Network for Creating New Earning Logics in Rural Areas;
- “Sustainable Living in an Inclusive Society”.